A Gentle Ramble Through the Bible - Class 128

                      



The Last Supper (Part 3)

At the conclusion of the Last Supper, Jesus explains that the disciples can’t do this by themselves. They are like branches on a vine. They have to stay connected to the vine in order to bear fruit.

Jesus reviews the really important stuff:
  • I am in the Father. You are in me. We have to all stay together.
  • You can do this even though I am about to go where you cannot see me anymore.
  • Love each other just like I have loved you.
  • If you do this, the world will hate you and persecute you.
  • But don’t worry, I’m sending you a helper, an advocate--the Spirit of Truth (the Holy Spirit) to guide and teach you.
  • And always, always, know you can ask me for anything you need as you go along and I will give it to you, for the Father has given me everything and I freely give it to you.
  • Be at peace in this.
And then he prays a blessing over his beloved friends.
 
We cover 
John 15, 16, 17.

A free Study Guide is available. A video version of the class is available on YouTube. More info at EversBibleClass.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gentle Ramble Through the Bible - Class 121

A Gentle Ramble Through the Bible - Class 075

A Gentle Ramble Through the Bible - Class 085